Using HelloSign for all of your online contract signing needs
When it comes to online contract signing, removing barriers to completion is critical to growing the bottom line for any business. Ensuring that the process of sending and collecting signed contracts is the most efficient it can be is critical to success.
There is a way…
HelloSign removes barriers to signing by making it incredibly easy to request digital signatures and sign contracts online with a few clicks — and the signatures are legally binding. When businesses use HelloSign for online contract signing, they save time, money and the hassle of dealing with outdated technology like printers, scanners and fax machines.
With HelloSign, businesses can:
- Get contracts signed online faster, reducing turnaround time
- Easily set up templates for documents that need to be signed repeatedly
- Access all documents in one, easy place on HelloSign.com
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3…
You can start signing online contracts as soon as you create a free HelloSign account. Here’s how to sign a contract online:
- Upload the contract you’d like to sign or send into your HelloSign account.
- Use text boxes, signature or date boxes to format the appropriate fields in your document. Enter in recipient contact info (email) and add a personal message to recipients.
- Click "Request Signature."
Once you’ve sent your contract signature request, you’ll receive automatic email reminders until the contract has been signed. These reminders make it easy to keep track of any econtract you have out for signature so you don’t lose a deal or a document through the cracks. What’s more, your signatories can sign easily from their mobile phone or tablet.
Features geared towards getting your contracts signed
In addition to the basic features of HelloSign, there are other key features available on certain HelloSign plans for anyone looking to sign an online contract. These features were all created to make it easier and more efficient to organize signing order and flow of a contract:
- Signer permissions. Two-factor authentication is a protection tool that requires a signer to enter a unique code before accessing your documents. This is particularly useful for highly-sensitive contracts!
- Signer order. Got more than one person signing a contract online? You can assign a signing order to make sure the right fields are filled out in the right order.
- Data validation. To protect against signer typos, you can set rules for your text fields. For example, you can set a “numbers only” rule for a phone number text field. A signer will receive an error if they enter in characters other than a number.
- Templates. This feature allows you to create a reusable template for your frequently used online contracts. You just have to format the document once, save a template, and then you can access the formatting again and again!
Secure, legally-binding eSignatures as standard
When you're involved with online contract signing, one of the most important things you look for in a signature is its legality. You don't want to sign a document in a way that won't hold up in court.
HelloSign complies with the requirements of the U.S. Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act of 2000 (ESIGN), the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA), and the European Union eIDAS (EU No.910/2014) regarding electronic signatures and transmissions, thus making eSignatures fast, easy and legally binding. We employ bank level security, including audit trails, 2-factor authentication functionality and advanced online contract encryption.
Whether you need to build HelloSign directly into your existing workflow or application using our developer-loved API or our team-friendly plans, you will appreciate the powerful and secure features that the HelloSign platform offers your business.
Online Contract Signing FAQs
What is an online contract?
An online contract is an agreement that is drafted, signed and executed electronically via the internet. Online contracts are designed to be read and signed without the need for physical paper. Signing is done using eSignature technology, whereby a signature can be added to the contract in a variety of different ways. These include uploading a photo of an existing signature, drawing one manually using a cursor or typing and then customizing the font, all within a signature box that can be moved to different positions on the online contract.
Is it legal to sign online contracts?
HelloSign complies with the requirements of the U.S. Electronic Signature in Global and National Commerce Act of 2000 (ESIGN), the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA), and the European Union eIDAS (EU No.910/2014) regarding electronic signatures and transmissions, thus making eSignatures fast, easy, and legally binding. For more information about what documents are legal, you can check out our blog post on eSignature legality here.
What contracts can I sign using HelloSign?
Some examples of the kinds of contracts that work perfectly for online contract signing with HelloSign include: freelance contracts, offer letters, non-compete agreements, purchase orders, investment paperwork, leases, loan applications…and many, many more.