How to create a free electronic signature in Microsoft Word
Signing and sending documents can be tedious and time consuming, but it doesn’t have to be. HelloSign will change the way your company does business. We enable you to create free electronic signatures in Word, along with many other leading file formats, all in a matter of seconds.
The power to do business better
HelloSign’s electronic signature service for Word allows you to electronically sign Word documents and other popular Microsoft formats including PowerPoint, Excel and PDF.
Using HelloSign, you will be able to:
- Add signature boxes to your Word document using Drag & Drop, wherever on the document you need them to be
- Specify up to 20 people to sign your Word document by simply inserting their names and email addresses
- CC anyone you want to receive a copy but do not need to sign
- Electronically sign your Word documents in a variety of ways
Out with the old, in with the new
Printing, signing and shipping documents is costing your company time, money and productivity. If you have ever wanted to modernize your paperwork process, you need HelloSign. Our electronic signature system for Word is secure, efficient, loaded with useful features and gives you the ability to sign all of the document formats you use on a day to day basis.
You’ve been conducting business the old way for far too long. You can use our eSignature solution to create an electronic signature in Word and 16 other popular file formats. HelloSign is fast, reliable and also provides you with:
- A documents page where you can store completed documents, templates, drafts and more
- Team functions for your admins, developers and fellow team members
- Business features that include branded email and signer page, logos, security features and more
Signing in Word FAQs
Is it free to create a free electronic signature in Word?
HelloSign offers a free package to create an electronic signature for Microsoft Word documents, with up to three documents allowed to be shared for signature each month. There are three paid packages offering varying different features tailored to your Word document signing needs. See them all on our pricing page.
Can I electronically sign document formats other than Word?
Yes, you can sign many different document formats other than Word. For example, PDFs, PowerPoint documents, Excel spreadsheets and more. Using our easy Drag & Drop functionality you can add a signature box to practically any document, anywhere you require a signature.
Are eSignatures created in a Word document legally binding?
Electronic signatures have been considered legally binding since the year 2000 in the United States. As long as the Word documents contain a full audit trail to confirm that the paperwork hasn’t had any unauthorized alterations, provided by HelloSign as standard, you’re all set.