How to sign a PDF online with ease using HelloSign
Have you ever needed to sign a document online, but it's in an un-editable format like a PDF? Luckily there's a better solution than printing the document and scanning it back onto your computer. Secure and legally binding eSignature solutions make it fast and easy to sign PDFs - traditionally “locked” documents. It means you can take something like a W-9 tax form and fill it out without ever having to print the document. HelloSign – a simple and secure eSignature solution – provides you with the right tools to electronically sign PDFs online.
Sign PDFs and so much more
HelloSign’s user-friendly interface makes it incredibly easy to safely and securely sign PDFs online. Not only can you legally sign your PDFs, you can also fill in all fields of the PDF document by formatting with special text and check boxes. A time-stamped audit trail is automatically attached to the document, giving you total insight into the journey of the document. Sign PDFs such as NDAs, leases and event contracts securely, and with ease.
What’s more, HelloSign allows you to add your eSignature to Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint documents, in addition to PDFs. Simply find and install HelloSign through the Office Add-ins in the Microsoft Ribbon, then start the eSignature process by selecting ‘HelloSign’ to either ‘self-sign’ or ‘send for signature’,
Flexibility at your fingertips
With HelloSign, users can sign PDFs or send requests for signatures on any PDF document. Access, preview and download all PDF documents sent for signature with just a few clicks from your HelloSign account, or set up standardized PDF templates that regularly need to be sent for signature. You’ll have the option to send your eSigned PDFs in a multitude of different ways, including directly from HelloSign.com, by downloading the electronically signed PDF and attaching it to an email, or even by fax, using our HelloFax service.
A whole host of useful PDF features
Use HelloSign’s online PDF signature software to create, edit, sign and send those important documents in PDF, as well as 16 other popular file formats. HelloSign provides you with the tools you need to electronically sign your PDF document and finalize your agreement. Once you upload your PDF, use our editor to drag and drop:
- Signatures: Define the areas on your PDF that need to be signed
- Initials: Define areas that need only initials from your PDF signers
- Textboxes: Add text before you send your PDF, or define fields that need to be filled out by other signers during the process
- Checkboxes: Add checkboxes with parameters to ensure accuracy when your PDF is being signed and filled out
- Sign Date: This will auto populate on the date of the actual PDF signing for you
Upload PDFs from your computer or services such as Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Evernote and Microsoft OneDrive. You can add multiple signers and assign signer order, as well as convert PDF fields to signature fields.
Get started today for free!
When you sign up for a free trial you’ll immediately be able to move documents from one party to another for electronic PDF signatures, in seconds. Finalize agreements, obtain approvals and complete applications with a matter of clicks. You can even begin the process of onboarding new hires, without spending anything. The first three documents of each month are free and you’ll get unlimited documents when you sign up for any Essentials plan or above.
Ready to start signing PDF documents? Just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1. Create a HelloSign account. Enter your email address and password or sign up with your Google account.
- Step 2. Upload the PDF. You can upload the document from one of the many apps we integrate with, such as Box, Evernote, Google Docs, or you can upload from your own desktop.
- Step 3. Format your PDF with a signature field. Drag and drop a signature box to the correct location on the PDF document. You can also format the document with other special fields such as "date" and check boxes.
- Step 4. Insert your eSignature. If it's your first time using HelloSign, you'll be prompted to create and save your eSignature. You'll do this by typing your name in and choosing from a selection of fonts, writing in your signature using your mouse, or draw your signature using a touchscreen.
- Step 5. Send and store the document. Once the PDF is completed, you can send it out to any recipient(s) of your choosing. Simply enter their email address(es) and include an optional custom note.
That's it! Sign up for a HelloSign account to get started. The first three documents of each month are free. You'll get unlimited documents when you sign up for any Essentials plan or above.
The HelloSign guarantee
With HelloSign, your signed PDFs are always legally binding, not to mention fully SSL encrypted meaning that sensitive documents are kept secure. We’ve also ensured that your PDFs are compatible across many different platforms for added convenience.
Fast, secure and legal PDF eSignatures keep companies of all sizes moving faster. Try it now with our free 30 day trial!
Sign PDF FAQs
How do I sign a PDF document without printing?
If you want to skip printing, signing, and scanning a document, you can do it all using eSignature from HelloSign. Upload your document, sign it, and send it to the intended recipient. You also have the option to send your document out with a signature request if you need someone else (or several people) to sign the PDF.
How should I send my eSigned PDF?
Signed PDFs can be sent directly from eSignature, downloaded and attached to an email or with our fax service, HelloFax.
Can I use Preview or Word instead of an eSignature service to eSign a PDF?
Using software such as Preview or Word to sign your PDF is not considered a secure method of eSigning. Even though you can paste an image of your signature from a scanned image to get a similar-looking result to an eSignature, these programs don’t provide the security protections that eSignature services such as HelloSign do.