Sign Online Contracts
Ready to starting signing? Create a free account to send your first signature request.
Start Signing Today.Sign up for Free
How can I sign online contracts with HelloSign?
HelloSign eSignatures can be used to sign all types of contracts, from informal agreements to enterprise sales deals. Our electronic signatures remove the need for printing, signing, scanning, and faxing, making it simple to sign a contract online at any time.
Here are just a few examples of contracts that are signed using eSignatures:
- Sales contracts
- Freelance contracts
- Real estate leases
- And more!
Is it legal to sign online contracts?
Yes! Electronic signatures are a legally-binding and federally protected way to sign online contracts and documents. eSignatures have been recognized in the USA since 2000 under the ESIGN Act. Internationally, eSignatures are protected under country and region specific laws including the Electronic Signatures Directive in the EU.
For more information about what documents are legal, you can check out our blog post on eSignature legality here
How does HelloSign work?
HelloSign is a desktop and device-friendly app that gives you the power to format online contracts with text fields, request electronic signatures for online contracts, keep a detailed audit-trail for every document, and securely store signed documents in your account. We provide technology that complies with current eSignature law and standards.
We’ve been around since 2010 and have grown tremendously over the past few years!
What does an online contract signing flow look like?
You can start signing online contracts soon as you create a HelloSign account. Here’s a peek at what a signing flow looks like:
- Upload the sales contract you’d like to sign or send.
- Use text boxes, signature boxes, or date boxes to format the appropriate fields in your document.
- Enter in recipient contact info (email) and add a personal message to recipients.
- Click "Request Signature."
Once you’ve sent your signature request, you’ll receive automatic email reminders until the document has been signed. These reminders make it easy to keep track of any online contract you have out for signature so you don’t lose a deal or a document in the cracks.
Bonus: All HelloSign’s signing flows feature a device-optimized signer experience, so you can sign easily from your mobile phone or tablet.
What other features are useful for someone wanting to send or sign online contracts?
In addition to the basic features of HelloSign, there are other key features for anyone looking to sign an online contract. These features were all created to make it easier and more efficient to organize signing order and flow of a contract:
- Signer permissions. Two-factor authentication is a protection tool that requires a signer to enter a unique code before accessing your document. This is particularly useful for highly-sensitive docs!
- Signer order. Got more than one person signing a doc? You can assign a signing order to make sure the right fields are filled out in the right order.
- Data validation. To protect against signer typos, you can set rules for your text fields. For example, you can set a “numbers only” rule for a phone number text field. A signer will receive an error if they enter in characters other than a number.
- Templates. This features allows you you create a reusable template for your frequently used documents. You just have to format the document once, save a template, and then you can access the formatting again and again!