Digital Signature Legally Binding
Use HelloSign to Create a Signature That's Legally Binding
Did you know that eSignatures are legally binding and even more secure than traditional "wet signing" methods (ie using a pen and paper)? eSignatures have been legally permissible in courts since the 2000 ESIGN Act was enacted. You can safely use eSignatures to sign documents and enjoy added protections like bank-level security of your information and time-stamped audit trails.
HelloSign is a trusted eSignature provider, giving our users the tools to legally sign documents online. Through a secure signing flow and user-friendly interface, you can sign documents, collect legally binding signatures from others, or both. Companies like Samsung and Lyft have long trusted HelloSign to meet all their eSignatures needs.
Here are just a few examples of how we protect the legality and security of our customer's eSignatures:
- Audit trails. Users can easily track the online journey of their documents, including all online interactions with the document (instances like when a document was opened, viewed, signed, etc.). All our audit trails are time-stamped and admissible in court.
- Compliant with all major eSignature laws. HelloSign has always met – and always will meet – standards for eSignature compliance. This includes compliance major eSignature laws like the ESIGN Act, the UETA, and the eIDAS.
- Signature authentication. Any person signing a document must have received in their email account a request for signature, or must have login information for HelloSign.
- Automatic email notifications. On top of a time-stamped audit trail, you'll also receive automated email notifications alerting you when someone has interacted with the document.
- Password protected documents. Users also have the option to attach a signer access code to documents, adding yet another level of protection to your document.
Use HelloSign to sign your first document with a legally binding eSignature. Simply create a HelloSign account to begin your free trial. Pro plans and above enjoy features like unlimited documents, signer access codes, and team transaction overview.