You already know that eSignature makes it easy to sign documents, but being able to handle the process using your iPhone can be especially challenging when you’re on the go.
With the Dropbox Sign mobile app, you can promptly send, sign, and check the status of signature requests from anywhere, making the process as smooth as possible for both you and anyone you send contracts to.
Here’s how to sign signature requests from Dropbox Sign using your Dropbox Sign app, how to sign your own documents with the Dropbox Sign app, and how to create and send signature requests directly from the app.
How can I sign documents from Dropbox Sign on an iPhone?
If someone sends you a document via Dropbox Sign, you’ll get an email requesting you to review and sign the document. From there, just click on the link in the email and you’ll be redirected to your iPhone’s browser where you can sign the document.
How can I electronically sign my own documents on an iPhone?
Self-signing your documents digitally is easy with the Dropbox Sign app.
1. To get started, download the Dropbox Sign mobile signature app.
2. Once the app is downloaded, log in using your Dropbox Sign credentials. If you’re new to Dropbox Sign, you can also create an account via email, Apple, Dropbox, or Google.
3. After signing in, you’ll be prompted to choose one of the following options: share your document from another app, use a pre-existing template, upload a file, upload a photo, or scan a document. Choose to upload a file to select the document you want to sign.
4. Once you’ve uploaded your document, because you’re the only person who needs to sign the document, click “Only me”.
5. After your document loads, tap the circular pencil icon to insert a signature field. You can also insert fields for dates, initials, or text.
6. To create a signature, you can draw it on your screen, type it using your iPhone’s keyboard, or take a picture of it using your iPhone’s camera.
7. Hit “Send request” once you’ve added your signature and finished filling out the form.
8. Click “Share” to save or send a PDF of your signed document.
How do I create and send documents out for signature using an iPhone?
The Dropbox Sign mobile app makes it easy to not only create and send documents, but to also get multiple signatures for the same document.
1. In the home dashboard, click the blue circular “+” icon to upload your document(s)—you can do this by sharing a file from another app, using a template, uploading a file, uploading a photo, or scanning a document.
2. Add the names and email addresses of your signers.
3. Add the title of your document and the message that you want to send to the singer.
4. Place signature, date, text, or initial fields throughout your document(s) so that your signees know exactly what to fill out and where.
5. Assign each field to the relevant signer and then hit “Send”.
Everyone you sent requests to will receive an email prompting them to sign. If you return to your Home dashboard, you can see the status of all your signatures. Any signature requests that have just been sent or that are unsigned will show up under “Pending signature.” You’ll also be able to send a friendly email reminder to any pending signers.
If you have a paid Dropbox Sign plan and frequently use the same document with recipients, you can create a template to simplify the process of tailoring it each time and sending it for signature(s).
How can I sign a Word document or a PDF document on an iPhone?
Dropbox Sign is compatible with a wide variety of file types, including .doc, .docx, .pdf, .ppsx, .ppt, .pptx, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .xls, .xlsx, .txt, .html, and .gif.
To sign a Word document or PDF document on your iPhone, just upload the file to the Dropbox Sign app. After placing your fields and/or signing, Dropbox Sign will convert the document into a PDF that you can save and share directly from the app.
Are signatures created on an iPhone legally binding?
All electronic signatures created on your iPhone or iPad using Dropbox Sign are legally binding. This means you can trust that signatures made with Dropbox Sign are just as legitimate as those signed with pen and paper. Dropbox Sign also attaches a non-editable audit trail to each signature request to make sure that every action is time-stamped, tamperproof, and fully tracked.
Do processes vary across different iPhone models, operating systems, or on an iPad?
The Dropbox Sign app works similarly on both iPhones and iPads, regardless of model. However, to download and use the app, you will need iOS 13.1 or later for iPhone and iPadOS 13.1 or later for iPad.
Start sending and signing for free
With a free Dropbox Sign account, in addition to the mobile app, you get 3 free signature requests every month, plus unlimited signatures for documents you just need to sign yourself. If you want to enjoy unlimited signature requests or take advantage of even more features, you can upgrade at any time.
Start signing faster and for free with Dropbox Sign.