Six months ago we unveiled a complete overhaul of our brand, which included a new identity, website and a refresh of our overall brand language. For the past seven months, we’ve been working hard to extend our brand language to the product. Today, we couldn’t be happier to share the results with you.
We started the redesign process with two goals in mind:
- Inject our new brand personality into the product.
- Make our users more awesome by making their eSignature experience easier.
We realize the value of beautiful design. However, design that empowers our users with a more intuitive user experience is what defines great design in our eyes. With that said, throughout the redesign we were sure to keep our core value top of mind: our users come first. We kicked off the project by conducting weeks of user testing in order to truly understand the strengths and weaknesses of our product. Competitive analysis was another big part of our preliminary research.
After gathering all the data, we closely reviewed our findings and implemented changes that benefit our users.
Here are a few of the changes that we focused on:
- A clean, simple user interface. In order to make it easier for our users to interact with the product, we cleaned up the UI and made it easier to navigate through. This clean up included removing unnecessary links and pages that were making the experience more complex than it needed to be. We also paid attention to the overall hierarchy and prioritized how elements should be presented on each page. The more important elements got bumped up and the components that should be second or third read were pushed back.
- Better accessibility. We’ve repositioned a few elements to better organize the interface and to make it easier to find important links. For example, we’ve placed elements like 'Sign documents’ and ‘Account settings' in the header which makes it easier for users to sign a document and access all their account information from any page. We’ve also color-coded the different filters on the documents page to make it easier to distinguish between them at a glance. Another decision that we made for the sake of better usability was to add a subtle background to the ‘Out for signature’ filter. This ensures that users won’t miss documents that have gone out for signature but haven’t been signed yet incase they want to send a reminder after a few days.
- Consistency across the board. Our product is now completely in sync with our brand, allowing for a consistent experience. This is true for not only the visuals but also the way different elements interact with each other. Besides using the same grid for our marketing website and our product, we’ve also made sure that all the typography, color palette and iconography are also seamless throughout.
Making it easier for users to get in, get their documents signed and go about their day is a key part of our efforts to empower users. HelloSign has established itself as the product leader in the eSignature space with its hallmark clean design and focus on making the experience as user-centric as possible. This redesign again sets the standard for the industry to follow, which is why we're very proud of it. And apparently our users like it too.