I’m excited to announce our $16m Series B, being led by Foundry Group and Zach Coelius! We’re also honored to have US Venture Partners, Greylock Partners, Keith Rabois, Joshua Reeves, Paul Buchheit, and Webb Investment Network reinvesting in HelloSign this round.
We started HelloSign to solve our own pain points. We’d be in a cafe, at home, or on a train, and it was always painful to sign a document, fill out a PDF, or fax something. It’d take a long trip to a copy store and we’d put off important administrative tasks for weeks.
Turns out almost everyone in the world has this problem.
Using tons of customer conversations, we created:
- HelloSign – easy online document signing, built for business
- HelloSign API – fastest, most customizable eSignature API
- HelloWorks – intelligent workflow solution
- HelloFax – easy online faxing
Since those early days, we’ve welcomed millions of users and over 50,000 paid customers, we’re cashflow positive, and we’re ready to put our foot on the gas pedal.
We’ve seen a huge amount of momentum in the past year. We’ve become SOC 2 and HIPAA compliant, partnered with Oracle, integrated with SFDC, seen a large uptick in our enterprise business, and Whitney Bouck joined HelloSign as our COO (after spending 5 years building the enterprise business at Box), and much more.
Seeing that growth, we started thinking about:
- How to accelerate our growth even more
- Who would be an amazing partner on our journey
We’re thrilled to welcome Ryan McIntyre to the board.
He’s a software engineer, entrepreneur, guitarist, foodie, angel investor, and venture capitalist. And we couldn’t be more excited to be working with Foundry. As both founders and investors, they have an incredible track record of building successful companies, and their insights will be especially helpful during our next phase of growth.
Foundry and HelloSign also have very similar cultures and values – both believe in building highly customer centric companies, being obsessed with product and prioritizing team and company culture. After talking to many of their portfolio companies, it’s clear that Foundry is a true partner.
So, where will we invest the new funds?
- We’re going to invest even more in delighting our customers. There’s so much more we can do here.
- We’re going to invest in a future where transactions are post-PDF, highly intelligent, and API-centric.
- We’re going to invest to support larger and larger customers.
A big thank you to everyone who’s supported us – the team, customers and investors. We couldn’t do it without you.
Stay tuned – we have great things to come!
The HelloSign Team